SMATSA Aviation Academy is one of Europe’s largest and most experienced pilot and air traffic control officer training centers. We offer integrated courses that will help you reach your dream of becoming a professional pilot or an air traffic control officer.
Why train at the SMATSA Aviation Academy?
- We have trained more than 2000 pilots since 1954 that have flown with over 30 different airlines
- We have trained more than 2100 air traffic control officers since 1967 that are controlling traffic in Europe, Asia and Africa and our own ATM center is ranked #2 in Europe in safety
- We have our own airport with an air traffic control tower, 1700 square kilometers of dedicated airspace and an updated fleet of 20 airplanes (Cessna 172S, Cessna 172N and Cessna 310)
- We have a modern training center with a state of the art ATC simulator
- We prepare you to become the best pilot or air traffic controller you can be at a very competitive price.
- No hidden fees or surprises
SMATSA Aviation Academy offers two types of pilot training programs:
Modular training is best suited for candidates who wish to obtain their professional license in several steps. This approach offers more flexibility and it appeals to those who already have a job or a family, and want to progress gradually where training duration is not a primary concern.
Integrated training is tailored for those who want to become professional pilots as quickly as possible. This approach requires constant (whole day) presence of the candidate at the academy for both theoretical and flight training. Integrated training approach greatly reduces the training duration and the longest program of this type lasts approximately 18 to 24 months.
Both types of training programs are approved by EASA and licenses issued by the Serbian Directorate for Civil Aviation are equivalent to those obtained at an approved training center within the EU, i.e., no additional tests or classes are required.
Click here for more information on our professional pilot programs.
Click here for more information on our private pilot programs.
Air Traffic Control Officer training
Training of the air traffic control officers is conducted at the accredited SMATSA training center according to the defined and approved training plans and programs. Training plans and programs differ depending on the type of license/rating requested, i.e. whether the trainee is trained for work at the airport, approach or area air traffic control unit. Irrespective of the type of license/rating, the training is comprised of the theoretical and practical part.
We are certified by the Serbian Civil Aviation Directorate (CAD), and training is conducted in accordance to the license agreement with EUROCONTROL. Our training programs adhere to:
• ICAO Annex 1- Personnel Licensing
• ESARR 5 – EUROCONTROL Safety Regulatory Requirement on ATM Services Personnel
• ICAO Doc 9841 – Manual on the Approval of Training Organizations
• The European Manual of Personnel Licensing – Air Traffic Controllers, 2.0
English for Aviation
Pilots and air traffic controllers are required to achieve and maintain ICAO level 4 English language requirements. Our training programs are specially tailored to prepare students to meet this requirement by passing the Test of English for Aviation (TEA) exam.
We offer English for Aviation classes at both of our campuses, allowing you to complete your English training at the same place you will have your flight or ATC training.