SMATSA Aviation Academy Vršac
NEW COURSE ENROLLMENT
for admitting candidates at “FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR” FI(A) course. All interested candidates can submit their applications to SMATSA Aviation Academy premises until the 23rd November 2018.
The beginning of the course is planned for the 3rd December 2018.
Conditions for admission:
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old
- Licences: ATP (A) Integrated or CPL(A), as well as:
- the candidate is obliged to possess theoretical knowledge at CPL level and:
- to have at least 200 flying hours on an aircraft or on a turing motor glider (TMG), of which at least 150 hours of solo flight.
- Pilot experience:
- At least 30 hours of flying on a single-engine aircraft, of which at least 5 hours must be completed within 6 months before the beginning of the course the candidate is applying for.
- Achieved at least 10 hours of Instrumental flying (not more than 5 hours spent on FNPT or some other synthetic training device).
- Achieved at least 20 hours of cross-country solo flying, including a total of 540 km (300 nautical miles) overflight, during which landing on two different airports is required.
- Practical entrance exam in order to check the piloting technique of a candidate on a single-engine aircraft for one hour. The candidate will be charged with the entrance fee.
- The applicant must possess a valid ICAO Medical Certificate of Class 1, issued by a medical institution authorized by EASA PART MED.
- Documentation required for registration:
- Identity card (ID) or passport,
- Medical certificate,
- Flying licence,
- Flight Logbook,
- Valid insurance policy against consequences of an accident,
- Photocopy of the diploma of the highest level of previous education;
Plan and program
The Flight Instructor FI(A) course on a single-engine aircraft is divided into two phases:
- Theoretical training consists of 170 hours of theoretical classes (each single class period = 45 min) performed through seven subjects, according to the SAA Curriculum.
- Flight training is conducted on a single-engine Cessna 172 aircraft, with a total duration of 30 hours of flying, according to SAA plan and program.
Duration of the course
The total duration of FI(A) course depends on the meteorological conditions and the commitment of the candidate. If all conditions are fulfilled, the training itself lasts at least three months.